VMware View 5
VMware View (formerly VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – VDI)
Manage and Control Desktops from a Central Location with VMware View
The desktop of the future is not a single PC: It's a combination of different devices, multiple platforms, legacy and web-based applications, as well as the end user's data and settings. Give your end users a personalized view of their desktop, applications and data while maintaining centralized control and security. Separate the desktop from the underlying hardware and the applications from the operating system to simplify and reduce the costs of desktop management. Provide a Universal Client Solution with VMware View where desktops follow the user regardless of device or location.
VMware View (formerly known as VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure VDI) allows customers to deliver rich, personalized virtual desktops to any device with all the benefits of centralized enterprise desktop management. The VMware View portfolio of products lets IT run virtual desktops in the datacenter while giving end users a single view of all their applications and data in a familiar, personalized environment on any device at any location. Get greater flexibility, reliability, efficiency and security managing desktops and applications from the datacenter.
VMware View is an expanded desktop virtualization solution that leverages VMware's virtual infrastructure for desktops centralized in the data center and a desktop manager, along with components such as VMware View Composer for image management and storage optimization and ThinApp application virtualization.
Key Benefits of VMware View
- Lower costs. VMware View reduces overall costs of desktop computing by up to 45% by centralizing management, administration and resources and removing IT infrastructure from remote offices.
- Better security. Since all data is maintained within the corporate firewall, VMware View minimizes risk and data loss. Built-in SSL encryption provides secure tunneling to virtual desktops from unmanaged devices.
- Greater management and control. VMware View Manager lets you manage all desktops centrally in the datacenter and provision desktops instantly to new users, departments or offices. Create instant clones from a central image, and create dynamic pools of desktops for quick provisioning and rapid updating.
- More business agility and user flexibility. VMware View Manager accommodates changing business needs, such as adding new desktop users or groups of users, while providing a consistent experience to every user from any network point.
- Reliable business continuity and disaster recovery. VMware View is built on VMware's industry-leading virtual infrastructure and is able to automate desktop back-up and recovery as a business process in the datacenter.
Search all VMware View Products»