Search all Flexera Software products »
AdminStudio | InstallShield | InstallAnywhere
InstallShield & AdminStudio Software Installation and Application Readiness Solutions
Flexera Software provides products for software licensing, entitlement management, software packaging, software installation and software compliance. The company's product families, including InstallShield and AdminStudio, support software installation, software and application readiness, software license entitlement and software compliance.
How the World Builds App-V Packages and MSI Installers for Windows Applications
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installation development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for desktop, server, Web, and mobile applications. InstallShield is the only software installer that can build Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
The world's #1 Windows software installer
New opportunities and fast-paced change continue to pervade the technology marketplace. To keep up, application producers need to adapt quickly, get to market faster, and deliver a seamless, contemporary customer experience. The global de facto standard on more than 500 million PCs, InstallShield is a strategic software installation development solution designed for traditional and agile development teams and their Windows and virtualized installation requirements. InstallShield includes automated tools to productize, install, and bundle software in application virtualization and traditional EXE and MSI formats.
Enterprises are also adapting to the new technology landscape. To support this transition, InstallShield provides application producers and enterprise developers with support for emerging technology and capabilities to easily deploy and manage their applications in enterprise cloud, virtual, and traditional environments.
Simplify virtual and cloud-based deployments
- Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Deploy to hybrid cloud databases with Windows Azure SQL Database support
- Support enterprise application virtualization adoption by validating compatibility and createing Microsoft App-V packages
Most popular solution for Microsoft Windows and Visual Studio support
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8 the fast, easy way to build Windows installers
- Create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support enterprise customers with ISO 19770-2 software inventory tags, PowerShell scripting, and Sideloading of Windows Store Apps
Deliver a seamless customer user experience
- Create installers that match your company and product branding with InstallShield's Advanced UI editor
- Support continuous release processes by streaming the latest updates and patches at install time, ensuring users always install the latest version
- Localize installation text in 35 different languages
What's New in InstallShield 2013
- Simplify Multi-Tiered Installations Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Automate Installing Windows Roles and Features Avoid the risk of manual tasks by automatically installing Windows roles and features with an application's installation
- Run PowerShell Scripts During Installation Setup Streamline server configuration tasks by running PowerShell scripts; the enterprise scripting language of choice
- Create Pure 64-Bit Installations Deploy 64-bit applications using 64-bit installations that support Windows Server configurations where WoW64 has been disabled
- Create Microsoft App-V Installations Now Included with Premier!–Build both physical and virtual application packages from the same build process. Includes new support for App-V 5
- Virtualization Suitability Testing Ensure applications are compatible with enterprise application virtualization technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, VMware ThinApp and Citrix XenApp
- Windows 8 Validation Testing Validate installations against Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 best practices from Microsoft
- Windows 8 Start Screen Icon Pinning Define the application shortcuts that are pinned to the Windows 8 start screen, delivering a clean first impression for the end-user
- Updated Advanced UI Designer Create contemporary install experiences using new Wizard design capabilities
|Search All InstallShield 2013 Products»
InstallShield 2013 Collaboration
Support Distributed Installation Development
Installation development used to be an isolated, tactical step at the tail end of an application development process managed by a dedicated team member. Today, however, it must be integrated into the agile development practices, where installation responsibilities are distributed amongst the team and are an essential element of the iterative, development process.
Support for Distributed, Collaborative Installation Development
InstallShield Collaboration has been significantly enhanced to better support distributed installation development by allowing product developers and technical writers to create and manage their portion of the installation. Key capabilities include:
- A new project type called Developer Installation Manifest (DIM) which is a feature-sized collection of related items such as product files, shortcuts, registry entries, text file changes, IIS Web sites, and other elements that together make up a discrete portion of a product installation.
- A new Developer Installation Manifest Editor that can be separately installed and used by the entire product development team to create and manage their installation files. The manifest can then be dynamically or statically linked by the Installation Author to the product's Basic MSI project significantly streamlining and integrating the collaboration that is needed between product development and installation development especially for decentralized, distributed teams.
- The InstallShield Premier Edition includes 5 licenses of the Developer Installation Manifest Editor, enabling product development teams to immediately start working collaboratively.
| Search All InstallShield 2013 Collaboration Products»
Create Multiplatform Installations from a Single Project File
Physical, Cloud, and Virtual Environments
InstallAnywhere is the leading multiplatform installation development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From a single project file and build environment, InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, IBM iSeries – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure.
If you develop applications for multiple platforms in both on-premises and virtual environments, trying to manually create installations for each one is a time-consuming and error-prone process. It often leads to release delays and installation errors that frustrate end users and increase your support costs. For some, a lack of internal resources and skills may even prohibit them from taking advantage of the cloud and virtual environments.
InstallAnywhere makes it easy for even the most novice multiplatform installation developer to create professional installation software for virtually any platform in both physical and virtual environments. It is available in two editions (Enterprise and Standard) and in two languages (English and Japanese).
|Search All InstallAnywhere 2012 Products»
Learn more about TechXtend's Application Lifecycle Management World View Software Ecosystem»